Monday, October 8, 2007

Joy Forever


"A thing of beauty is a joy forever; Its loveliness increases; it will never Pass into nothingness." — John Keats. 1795-1821 Endymion. Book i

I find joy in so many things and because of that I have so many varying interests. I find that the things God has given me, like family and the simple little things like baking for them or planting a garden together brings me the most happiness and of course the fondest memories.
I love mixed media art and the way it gives me a way to explore those feelings I have that are bubbling just underneath the surface. Over the past few months I've found my self so incredibly focused on my art that I put everything else I loved on the back burner. My gardening, baking and soapmaking, for starters. I've had tunnel vision!
I started this blog with the intention to focus solely on my mixed media art, you know to get serious about it. It was my way to inspire myself to work harder on my art projects, that have always lingered in my head, but never had time for. I have loved every minute of sharing my art with all of you and I hope to have many more happy days of doing so. But I need to take a deep breath and allow my other interests to have their place, it's all about balance.

Jeannine, I loved the comment you left on my last post, decisions...decisions...
You stated it so perfectly when you said "I often feel I need to narrow my focus, but when I do that I am actually stifling my passions and that is never a good thing. Seems that the things I am stifling always float back up to the surface. It's hard to deny your passions. "
I couldn't have said this any better myself, I totally agree!
Like Jeannine said stifling your passions is never a good thing and the word passion had an s on the end. So I'm going to breathe a bit and try not to deny the rest of my passions any more and I'm going to start right here. My shop, Blossom Sundries might find it's way back online before you know it, but for now I'm going to ease back into my other creative desires slowly. I'll be sure to share what I'm into the whole way. Here are a few of my favorite things.....

1. Shelburn Falls - Oct. 6, 2. \\\I|I///, 3. くれよんコスモス その2, 4. ethereal, 5. the apple never falls far from the trunk, 6. autumn light, 7. cinnamon sticks, 8. photo bog, 9. Pumpkin Picking, 10. from paris, 11. #1, 12. Heart and Hand Postcard, 13. Pretty Weathered Frames, 14. german book, 15. Untitled, 16. winter, 17. gaze, 18. tree girl, 19. Alison Rose @ Renegade Craft Fair, Chicago 2006, 20. 5 Out of 6, 21. Waiting..., 22. Memorandum, 23. Naturalist tin box from inside, 24. Think Green Quilt, 25. Strippy Doll Quilt Back, 26. doll quilt back, 27. doll quilt finished, 28. doll quilt 1 - finished, 29. felted wool pincushion, 30. felted wool, 31. sunroom, 32. matchboxes, 33. Day 137, 34. sunroom, 35. BOUTIQUE DE THE ET DE CADEAUX A ANGERS (FRANCE), 36. lynn whipple's studio
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com