Thursday, January 10, 2008

Wallflower

When I was younger I seemed to have a fascination with drawing flowers, it was really more like an obsession. Everything I doodled, sketched painted was a flower of one kind or another. In the past few weeks my focus has been on everything that had nothing to do with art. That's truly not a good thing for me, I get really cranky when I can't tap into some sort of creative outlet everyday! I really had no time or space in my head for it, and to tell the truth my supplies were waining and all I could muster was paper and pencil. Good old paper and pencil! Once I picked up Bri's sketch book
(shhh, don't tell him) I felt a calm and inner satisfaction once again.
The quality of the photo can't really be seen here very well because I need a new scanner, but that's on my list of wants for right now.

And of course I had to add the pup, he reminds me of my Spot, always there wherever I go, but he's happiest when he's running through the meadow or going for long walks with us. I plan to paint this one, but with watercolor or acrylic I'm not quite sure yet. But I'll be sure to post photos of it.
I noticed Suzan's sketches over on her blog this morning, truly beautiful you should go take a look!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com