Saturday, April 26, 2008

Getting the feel of my New HP Desktop

After waiting for one whole week for my new desktop to arrive, it's finally here. I had to wait for my brother to come home to Baguio for the weekend and bring the PC with him. Thanks Pong for taking the PC to Cubao terminal right on time (perfect timing! hahaha)

And now it's finally here. I feel quite unsure about the new VISTA OS. I feel like a total stranger, don't know where to find which. I prefer a PC with an XP OS not only because I'm used to it but also because i think it's simpler and more convenient. Too bad, but all the packages offered only include VISTA.

Anyway, I guess i need to give myself more time to explore this new Operating System. I hope it is as easy if not better than XP. The only thing missing in the package is the VISTA cd. Isn't it supposed to be given to the PC owner? hmmm... they must have forgotten it. I have to ask Kat to call up Asianic Bicutan and ask for it.

Anyway, i'm done setting up the PC in our room. But i'm afraid i have to wait for another week before I can connect to the internet. They forgot to send the wireless adapter with it. I hope our Linksys wireless-G router is strong enough to send signal even if I'm 2 floors away. Meanwhile, I need to work using my old computer, which I already gave to my niece, much to her delight.

Hmmm... I need to save up to buy speakers for it by the way. Its monitor does have built-in speakers but not enough to play great music. And since we don't have a radio, I need my computer to have a great sound system. But of course, that will have to wait. For now, I need to start catching up with my articles. So I'm off to work!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com