Sunday, April 20, 2008

a new PC?? for me???

Finally, it looks like I may have to buy a new desktop after all. The laptop that my dear brother gave me unexpectedly stopped functioning. It kept showing a blue screen with an error message that the hard disk may have been corrupted.

Since my job relies on a dependable computer system, I just can't afford not to have one so now I'm trying to find a new desktop to buy as soon as possible.

Baguio has very limited choices of computer shops. I checked out Speed last night to see if they still have the HP computer package priced at P26k but unfortunately it was already sold out. Their promos only include desktops with CRT monitors for P30,000 and up and are only good for cash payments- no credit cards, or deferred payments allowed! Blah!

Today, I asked Kat to help me look for possible good buys. I really don't know anything about technicalities and when it comes to gadgets, she knows by far more than I do. Good thing, my sis is kind enough to let me use her credit card so I can pay in installments. I'm looking for a 0% interest offer for at least up to 12 months so it would not be too much of a burden.

So far, this is the one we're considering from Asianic. Kat brought her digicam from that same shop on sale. So far, their customer service has been great. The HP Pavilion a6453d is offered for P33,000, 0% interest deferred credit card payment for up to 12 months.

Here are the main features of this package:

Intel Pentium Dual Core E2160
DVD-RW Dual Drive
160 GB Hard Drive
17" HP LCD Display
1 GB DDR2 Memory
15-in-1 card reader
Windows Vista Home Basic



Does anyone know whether it's worth the deal? Please, share your ideas, tips or suggestions. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com