
I have such a love for vintage fabric, especially when it comes in the form of an old quilt. Here's a small fragment left over from a vintage quilt I bought years ago from an antique dealer going out of business. The quilt was falling apart and thread-bare but to me it was the loveliest piece of history I had ever laid eyes on. It reminded me of all the women that came before me, joyfully taking care of their family and weaving together love from each new square. As a child I spent countless hours by my grandmother's side as she hand-stitched every quilt she made, years later when I was a teenager mom finally talked her into a sewing machine, but she had problems adjusting to it and so she left it to me. Even though it needs much work and I now sew with the vintage Kenmore my aunt gave to me I still have my grandmother's sewing machine and I'm sure it will be with me forever.
This piece of re-purposed quilt art has been pure "JOY" to make.