Thursday, December 18, 2008

Picture Ornaments!

Thanks to a blog post by My Sweet Savannah, we made a fun project here this week! She had posted a decoupaged picture of a house and it gave me an idea for ornaments. I made one for my son and one each for the boys I babysit. Their mom loved them! They also decorated their own gift bags to put the ornaments in. It was a big hit. And so easy too. I started with unfinished wooden mittens. First, I painted the side and backs black and did a light distressing. Then, I took pictures on the computer and changed them over to black and white and printed them out on plain paper. Cut to size and decoupaged them to the mittens. I did another bit of distressing on the edges of the paper. There were already holes cut in the wood so I just used a nail to poke through the picture, then added a bit of ribbon.

I used clear decoupage but you could do an antique or sepia finish as well. Or you could use the clear and then rub a bit of antiquing medium over the top. Try your own, they are easy and fun! I may save this idea for gifts next Christmas! Thanks My Sweet Savannah for the great inspiration!





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com