Friday, February 13, 2009

Exterior Colors

I've been thinking a lot lately about what color to paint our shutters and front door when the spring comes. Just when I think I have it figured out, another idea comes to mind. There are just so many possibilities that it makes it near impossible to decide.

The first thing I did was hit the internet in search of yellow homes. There are many adorable yellow houses out there, all with their own personality. But what color scheme is perfect for my little yellow house? My first thought went right to black. A yellow house with black shutters is a classic combination but......then.......... I like the way the blue looks on the windows above.







Green never goes out of style and has been a staple in all my homes.













Or maybe no shutters at all? Hmmm...I don't think so, my house is not as grand as this one so I'm not sure she could pull it off.


A red door?







So what do you think? If you had a yellow house, what colors would you do on the door and shutters? I'd love opinions, right now I'm leaning toward green shutters and a tan door. Something like this:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com