Sunday, February 15, 2009

Simple Light Update

Thank you Susan for hosting this wonderful event again! http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

For this week I'm going to show you a very small update. In the room we call our "Everything Room" hangs a light that I loved so much I brought it with us from our last house. I couldn't leave it there as I had been to 5 lighting stores and more websites than I can count attempting to track it down. It isn't a fancy light at all but I love the glass candlesticks that look as though they are dripping real wax and the textured black finish. As much as I love the light, I thought for this particular room it needed "more." Here it is before:


And here it is after its $25 upgrade. I went to Joanns and found some beautiful beads to string together. Then I went to Home Depot where I bought the hanging crystals for added sparkle. I draped it inside the curls and I am so happy with it now. The room is small so I didn't want anything too fancy. Just enough to bring some added personality.







Don't forget to visit all the other Met Monday participants today. Thank you for coming to visit my light before and after.

Posted by Picasa
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com