Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Casual Party

Yesterday we had a birthday party for Ella. It was a small, casual affair with close family. I tried to keep the decorations simple. A Happy Birthday banner that I made hung in the kitchen, and ribbons hanging from the chandelier in the dining room. I may leave the ribbons up for a little while so the kids (and me too) can enjoy them a bit longer.
The silverware was plastic..... The plates and napkins paper....
The chairs were mismatched.....

And the flowers were fake.......



(Somewhere Martha is cringing!) But one little girl spent the whole day smiling.




Before the party, I finally got around to making my Spring banner. It was the perfect touch to our flowers and butterflies theme.




I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend! Today we are resting and just enjoying the day.

"It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade."
~Charles Dickens
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com