Hi everyone! I know many of you saw this post already but I thought I would include it for Met Monday since there is a lot of Before and After material here. :) Be sure to visit Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for more amazing before and afters! Just click the butterfly in my sidebar to take you there.Errr...really, really close to done! I'm so impatient that I wanted to post photos even though I don't have all the sewing done. I still need to make pillows for the chair but it's going to be a busy weekend and I'm not sure when I'll get to it. In the meantime, I can at least show you the room!! Oh and the door. Almost forgot about that. We need to replace the exterior door but that won't happen until the weather warms up.
Let me start from the beginning. When we first bought this house, the room was painted gold by a previous owner. It was a small room at the back of the house and we really didn't know what to do with it. It seemed like a waste of space at the time. So many doorways and it was a pass through to outside. We put a TV in here for the kids, toys and our computer. Another thing that bothered us about this room was that it was an addition. Although we were thankful for the extra space it provided, no attention was given to make it match the rest of our 1920's home in any way.
After a while I really wanted to at least change the gold. I figured it would be a long while until we worked on this room so I gave it a fresh coat of cream paint to lighten it up. We also received a free chair from my parents so the room was rearranged to accomodate it. Not the prettiest chair but you heard me say FREE right? Somehow we found ourselves drawn to this room. The room we didn't know what to do with became the place everyone wanted to be. It's right off the kitchen, and is very cozy so we would find ourselves back here often with the kids reading stories or watching Scooby Doo. I took these pictures after the carpet was already up. Thanks to Ella (see this post here ) this room was moved to the front of the line.
And the wallpaper in this room made my heart skip a beat. I love wallpaper and I really liked how the dark walls were a contrast with the all white cabinetry.

If you would like to see all past posts about this room, click
Here
Now on to the fun part! I'm so happy to say the room turned out to be just what I wanted. And more importantly, on a budget!
The cabinet here I already had and just painted it white. The lamp was a clearance find. I glued on some trim to the lampshade to make it more fun.
View from the kitchen....
Random cuteness.
The silver platter was a thrift store find. Perfect for tossing phones, wallets, etc. down when we come in the door.
I threw the fabric on the chair so you can see what I'll be sewing....one of these days. I used a loose fit slipcover on the free chair so it would blend in with the room. Okay okay, it's not an actual slipcover, it's a painting dropcloth. But hey, it was cheap and it's washable!
Another view of my *cough*, slipcover, *ahem.*
Edited to add: Hi everyone. If you are new to my blog, welcome! I'm so glad you came for a visit. I've had some questions about paint colors and so I thought I would link the updates since I posted this.
Here are the links for sources and the pillows I made for the room: