Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Painted Ceilings?









White is old reliable for ceilings. It helps a room feel light and airy, and provides a beautiful contrast between the wall color and the ceiling. But not everyone likes a white ceiling. Painting them has become a popular alternative to a flat white ceiling. There are so many other options as well as plain old paint.....hand painted murals, stenciling, even wallpaper.


In our dining room, even though we went with a shade of white for the ceiling, we used a semi-gloss for some sheen. I love how it makes the beadboard stand out.




The following are some examples I found of painted ceilings. I've been debating painting our bedroom ceiling a color that coordinates with the wall color we've chosen. Maybe a lighter shade of the green walls we are planning, or tan, or just the wall color. So many decisions!





http://davidwallart.com/faux_murals_1.htm






http://arttodifor.com/ceiling.htm



So tell me, have you painted your ceilings a color? The wall color or a coordinating color? How do you like it? Or do you prefer to go with classic white? If you have pics to share, I'd love to see them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com