Monday, March 9, 2009

Well That Was Fun

P3080023


P3080022

It's a rainy day outside but all sunshine in here. What a wonderful weekend we had. My husband and I celebrated our 9th anniversary this weekend. My amazing parents took all three kids overnight and my honey and I went to dinner on Friday night. Saturday we got right up and spent the day antiquing! I was so mad at myself that I left the house without my camera. With this blogging, I need to keep it in my purse.

The first place we went was to a local preservation society. They are a non-profit group that saves parts from homes that will be demolished or gutted. The warehouse is full of mouldings, doorknobs, doors, windows, even radiators and sinks. That's where I finally found the skeleton key I've been wanting. I just needed one to frame and had difficulty finding one.



P3080010

After that we headed over to my favorite antique store. It's a small shop but she always has amazing little tables and lots of great dishware, old linens, etc. Remember the new (to me) milk glass pattern I was looking for? I have my first piece. Sitting on a lower shelf, almost hidden from view sat these candlesticks. I was so excited! The best part was that they were only $9.00. The reason I didn't come home with anything from the other antique store where I first spotted it was the price tag.


P3080003

I also left with this sweet little jar.



P3070020

While we were out I bought the supplies to make a spring banner for my hutch. I plan on doing that this week. A couple other Easter touches also made their way into my cart this weekend.


P3080007



P3080005

It really was a lovely weekend. I'm even welcoming the dreary rain as it is a sign of all the wonderful things to come this spring.

I hope you all are having a great start to your week. I've had a lot of questions on my Everything Room post. I'm going to answer them all in a separate post. I can't tell you how much I appreciated all the sweet comments. It puts such a smile on my face to read your words and to visit you all. I gain such inspiration from all of you so thank you!
Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com