Monday, April 27, 2009

Another room to cross off the list...

We are all moved back into our bedroom and it's such a relief! Another room to cross off the "To Do" list. There are still some things to do but I'm showing it to you anyway. You don't mind seeing a 86% done room do you? Okay, great!

Here are the before pics. The walls were blue, the trim was natural and the carpet was...well....it was gross. I realize the curtains didn't match either, I just kind of threw them up there to block out the strong morning sun.


This is what it looks like now. The door for the headboard came from the basement. Wall lamps are from Ikea.

I love this print from Etsy. The print is a little more on the modern side and I love how it looks in an old frame.


















I had purchased this bolster cover from Pottery Barn but not the insert. I was going to sew and stuff one myself but then my mom gave me an idea. We were talking about how to fill it and she mentioned rolling up some batting. I happened to have two old, flat, worn out pillows that were destined for the garbage. I thought hey, I can save some money and roll those up. So I did. And stuffed them in there. Then the space in between the two I filled up with an old towel. It took some smoothing and stuffing but I saved a good $20-30. You can see the the one pillow all rolled up in there.....








Still to do....
~ A bedskirt. I'm thinking brown.
~ The full length wood mirror was a clearance find. I'm going to add some trim around it to bulk it up some more and paint it black.
~ Euro shams. I bought the fabric and already had the pillows, I just need to sew some shams.
~ Repaint the armoire. When we first painted it a few years back, we sealed the top with water based poly. What a mess. It completely discolored the top so now we have to sand and repaint. Poly is definitely not meant for lightly colored painted surfaces.
~ Some trim around the door headboard.



I think that's about it. I'm sure when I click Publish Post, I'll remember something else it needs. For now we're on to the living room. The finishing touches on the bedroom can wait, the living room walls just can't. They are filled with paint chips and spackle and look pretty sad.

* *Had to edit because I'm dying with laughter here!!!! I was scrolling back through the pics and RMS was staring at me. It does not stand for Rate My Space! I'm not that decorating/HGTV insane. LOL The letters are our first and last names. Oh my gosh, those may have to go. Now every time I look, all I will see is rate my space. *sigh*
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com