Monday, April 6, 2009

Bedroom Progress

I had to take pictures of my daughter in the outfit she came down with yesterday. A white summer dress and suede winter boots. Oh and there are also capris under there too that you can't see. She didn't want to be cold of course! She certainly has her own sense of style and isn't afraid to mix and match!

We are making progress painting the bedroom. The whole room brightened up after my husband primed over the crazy blue paint and we gave the wood mouldings a coat of white. Although he isn't much happier with my color choice. He started edging my "pea soup" as he calls it and I think it's a fun, happy color and besides, it matches the bedding. We'll see what he says when it is all done.
I moved the island over to the window in the kitchen. I realize this is weird because it's an island and should be surrounded by nothingness. But I needed a place to pull up a chair and plug the laptop in without tripping over the cord. 1. I can gaze out the sunny kitchen window with my morning coffee. 2. I can blog and listen to my playlist while I make dinner. Does it get any better?

I've been thinking of painting the dishwasher green to match the cabinets. I bugs me how the silver sticks out like a sore thumb surrounded by green. Would that be weird?





I also took some black paint to the windows. I liked how it looked in the bathroom.....



So the kitchen windows received the same treatment.....



The kitchen has been coming along piece by piece. Still a few things I'd like in there....a new faucet, new doorknobs and most importantly ripping the floor out to see what kind of shape the wood is in underneath. There is a teeny tiny piece of vinyl coming up on a corner.....it would be soooo easy to just.....rip.......but I shall refrain for now. Only so many projects we can tackle at once!

I hope you all are having a wonderful day!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com