Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Flair for Vintage: Old Trunks and Suitcases

Vintage trunks or suitcases are ideal storage pieces to put clutter out of sight, keep personal memorabilia in a safe place, organize things and decorate a room.

I don't think I ever laid eyes on an authentic vintage trunk or suitcase, I just see them in the movies. I found these fab vintage pieces here and there (some from online shops and some are from Etsy) so I put them together into a post. Hope you'll enjoy the visit:)


via: Pedlars


These are vintage trunks and suitcases sold at Brettuns Village.
Some of these date back from the 1940s. 1950s and most of them look really used and worn-out. I was surprised to see the Before and After photos sent by buyers who bought them as junk and refurbished them into clean, shiny, stylish, expensive-looking vintage pieces.



photos via: apartment therapy



Not so much into pink but I'm sooo in love with these adorable pink suitcases from nanacompany. I wish I have a room with white walls to put them in. *sigh, I wish I could buy this:)


via: nanacompany



via: moxie thrift



Love this hat case from
high street market




I like the yellow one please :)



via: jessjamesjake


vintage doll case from: bellalulu




via: get ready set go

I love these. Especially the red with poppies!
And the photos!


A suitcase in vintage print is great too.
This one I found from a shop called soulful hues.


via: scottieina canoe


via: shopworthy


Vintage trunk sets from: Target
Suitcases are piled on top of the other for functionality and decor.
But here are other fabulous ideas to do with old trunks and suitcases:



Suitcases turned to a wine rack and vanity shelf from vanity case.



Bitter Betty turned an old suitcase into a car tool kit.



What about a comfortable yet stylish vintage bed for your dear feline? If I had a cat I would definitely get one of these from vintage rennaisance. Would you?

Here's a how-to video by Tracy Porter on how to make a stylish shelf made out of vintage trunk or suitcase. Do you have a vintage trunk or suitcase? Do you use it or would you like to get rid of it? Do you have other ideas on how to make an old, worn-out trunk into a functional and artsy piece?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com