Thursday, April 16, 2009

Foodie Friday ~ Pumpkin Applesauce Cupcakes



This is my second time participating in this fun, food filled event! Thank you to Designs By Gollum for being such a wonderful hostess. I thought I would share these yummy Pumpkin Applesauce Cupcakes. TGIFridays had a similar cupcake dessert last time I was there and I wanted to make them for my dad for his birthday.

Go ahead, take one while I go dig out the recipe....







Ahhh, found it!

Pumpkin Applesauce Cupcakes


1 Package yellow cake mix (with pudding in the mix)


1 cup canned pumpkin


1/2 cup water


1/3 cup applesauce


3 eggs


1 tspn nutmeg (I didn't have it so I used 1/2 tspn allspice)


1/2 tspn cinnamon


Frosting:


3 cups powdered sugar


1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened


2 tablespoons butter


1 tspn vanilla




Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


1. Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl and beat with a mixer until well blended.


2. Turn mixer on high and beat for 3 more minutes.


3. Line a muffin pan with 24 paper muffin cups.


4. Fill each about 3/4 full.


5. Cook in preheated oven for 20 minutes.


To make the frosting:


Combine all frosting ingredients in a large bowl and beat until smooth.


Frost cupcakes after cooling.


Now, after I made the cupcakes, I had quite a bit of frosting leftover. It seemed silly to let it go to waste. I had a brainstorm! Stuffed french toast. I took out some Pepperidge Farm brown sugar cinnamon bread from the freezer and went to work.



Mmmmmmm! Sugary and good. Now I understand you may need a visit to the dentist after just reading this post. If you decide to make this "dessert for breakfast" meal, please don't forward your bills to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com