I want to paint our living room and upstairs hallway a nice shade of gray. Not too light, not too dark, not silvery, not lavender tinted, not blue but with a blue tint to it, and not gray that looks like I slapped concrete on the wall. And yes, I went into the paint store and asked for exactly *that* gray. They must get nuts like me in there a lot because he was so helpful and didn't even look at me like I was crazy...which I'm sure I sounded. Many many many paint chips and a few samples later and this is what my living room wall looks like.
Gosh, who knew this would be so hard?! My couch is blue so I wanted something to compliment it but that didn't look blue. The sofa also has tan in it but the kitchen is tan and I want to break away from having the whole house looking beige. I think I have it narrowed down to that middle color up there. It's called Coventry Gray. It has an ever so slight tan undertone to it and seems to blend well with the kitchen.
In my search for the perfect gray, I headed off to Google and found a lot of talk on paint colors!
Finding the perfect gray was easy for Kasey. Look at how great her kitchen looks!
You can see more here:
Lola B's
House Beautiful did a great feature on gray colors. You can see the slide show and get ideas on their website.
http://www.housebeautiful.com/decorating/colors/26-shades-of-gray
I love the serene look of this space:
You can't go wrong pairing gray with touches of black:
https://www.decorpad.com/relatedPhotos.htm?photoId=7924¤tPage=1 Apartment Therapy had this gorgeous living room:
Nantucket Gray by Benjamin Moore seems to be popular in all the searches I did online. Would you believe that is a paint chip I don't have? I need to go back for it and take a look before I commit to Coventry Gray. Here are two images I found using the Nantucket Gray search.
This color looks amazing on the exterior of a home:
I also looked around this great website by Lesley David Design. She has a passion for paint colors and even offers consultations if you need helping deciding. Here is a list of some favorites:
I also want to say thank you for all the well wishes for my daughter. She is feeling much better and was able to run around on Easter and eat massive amounts of candy with her brother and sister. I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday. Between spring break and Hailey being sick, I haven't had much time to keep up with my blogging. I'm ready for them to head back to school and get back to normal around here.....for a little while anyway. Summer vacation is looming.
Ack!!
Ack!!
Next up on my google search list: Activities to keep the kids busy this summer!