After breakfast we headed outside to do some yard work. My husband planted and replanted for me and the kids played. Dinner was a barbeque at my parent's house. The entire day was just laid back and wonderful. Perfect even. OH, and the gifts weren't bad either......
My husband has been a Craigslist addict recently. I could complain but is he searching for tools, or golf clubs? Nope. Cars, a power washer, motorcycles? Not those either. He's on the search for furniture. Chairs, tables, bookcases, iron beds. You name it, he'll find it! These are my Mother's Day gifts and his finds....
I'm so excited to paint those up and make them beautiful. The little table is a drop leaf and just what I've been thinking I needed for next to the couch. And the dresser will look amazing on an empty wall in the living room. The table will get a coat of white and I'm not sure about the dresser. I'd like to incorporate the gray in the room somehow.
This candle holder was a must have at TJMaxx yesterday. Perfect for the dresser.
The painting is coming along. What a difference white paint on the trim makes! We have another coat to do on the trim and then on to the walls. Can you see the ceiling in this pic? I'm so glad we went with a color for it. All your advice on painting ceilings was wonderful and I'm thrilled with the results.
Outside work is coming along. I don't have much to show for now but here are a few pics. The planters on the porch are started....
We found these cute fence sections on clearance at Lowes. Aren't they darling?