I want to thank you for all the amazing comments on my feature. I can't help but smile every time a new comment comes in. Some of you emailed me questions and I will answer them soon. I've been having some computer difficulties and I'm not sure if it is all blogger or my computer. I think some of it has to do with the laptop. Time to go look for a good anti virus today! I always say it, because it is so true, blogging friends are just the best! It's so nice to meet the new readers to my blog, I plan on visiting all of you.
The living room pics are coming (tired of hearing that, yes?). I'd post it now but you would be so scared of the mess, you would run screaming, never to return. How is it that three little people can make the biggest mess in about 4.5 minutes??
I want to show you one project at least! Remember the dresser I got for Mother's Day? Here is the before pic again:
Hubby hung a mirror above it for me. This mirror has been sitting on my dining room floor for a long time. It was a steal for $15 at Homegoods. The mirror is scratched but you know me, I don't mind an imperfection or two! It sat on the floor because I didn't have a good place for it, until now......
Hung a couple nails, tied the ribbon to them and voila! Instant character. Now, what to put on it? Hmmmmm.....
So many possibilities! I opted for a combination of pictures and vintage postcards. Some of the postcards were purchased because the writing was so pretty. A couple are in french, wish I knew what they said! Hopefully they don't say anything bad, if someone comes over that speaks french, that could prove embarrassing. Anyway, I scoured Ebay for vintage postcards featuring places around my town. I'll add more as I find them.
Some of these postcards are older than my house and most feature a one cent stamp. Can you imagine mailing anything for one cent?!
I will post the rest of the rooms soon. Anyone want to come help me clean this mess so I can take photos? Hello? Why are you all running away? Teehee.
Tomorrow is my birthday so I have a fun filled day ahead of me! It's hard to get excited about my birthday as I get older but the looks on the girls' faces when they came home with presents....ahhh....I just can't help but be excited. There has been whispering and giggling....hiding in their rooms with the door closed and their art supplies. I just might have some special cards to hang in my mirror tomorrow. See you all soon!!