Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Easy As Pie

I made this pie for Father's day and everyone loved it so I thought I would share! It's not often that I cook. I'm much happier calling for pizza instead of standing at the stove. Sometimes I get the motivation to make something. This recipe requires very little actual cooking.


This recipe came from those cards you get in the mail. Do you know the ones I'm talking about? They send you a pack a week until you've acquired the entire set (as you read this the real cooks are frantically clicking off my blog so as not to be seen with me). You've probably gotten the free ones, kept them and thought, "who actually buys these things?" Ummm...yeah, that would be me.


Butterscotch-Banana Cream Pie
1 (9-inch) graham cracker pie crust (I used a 10 inch, not only do I not cook but I can't follow directions either)
3 bananas, sliced
1 (4 oz.) package butterscotch cook and serve pie filling
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups whipped topping (I used Cool Whip and way more than that)


1. Line graham cracker pie crust with bananas.
2. Prepare pie filling according to package directions, using 2 cups milk. Chill for 20 minutes to thicken.
3. Pour pie filling over bananas.
4. Spread whipped topping over pie filling. Refrigerate until serving time.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com