
It feels like it has been raining here forever. I'm wondering if we should be searching Craigslist for a boat. Today it stopped raining for about 30 seconds and I managed to get some exterior progress pics. Okay, so maybe I exaggerate, it was more than 30 seconds but like I said, this rain has been constant. One of my readers kindly reminded me I never took "after" pics of the back yard without the tree. I'll do that as soon as the sun decides to shine again. I love how the trees in the front drape over the walkway. Like a natural canopy to welcome guests to The Yellow House.
The weather has really put us behind but we've managed some outdoor work. Here's a "before" pic of the front. The shutters are down and ready for paint. We purchased wood screen doors today for the front and back. I'm thinking of stripping the front door and restaining it. If I fail, I can always paint it! The screen doors and shutters are going to get a coat of green.

The walkway is coming along. The flowers need to fill in but the poor things need some sunlight! We have mulch coming on Friday to finish it off. I'm so happy with how the pathway lights came out. My hubby installed these himself and even had to go under the porch. *shudder* He thinks his trip under there was worth it for these great lights!

I need to thank
Tootsie for my hanging basket success! I have tried for years to have beautiful hanging baskets and they always faded. Thanks to her tip to put a garbage bag between the liner and the dirt, my baskets are finally thriving. Thank you Tootsie!
Here are some random pics from around the garden. We're adding landscaping little at a time.