Sunday, June 21, 2009

Yard Sale Cabinet Redo and....100!!!

And with this I've written 100 posts!! I can hardly believe it! When I started this blog not long ago, I wasn't sure I would have that much to say. Well, it appears I've had no trouble chatting away. I'm so glad you are along for the ride, my readers mean so much to me. Reading your comments brightens my day (which is especially special right now with this dreary weather).

My hubby asked me last night if I ever turn it off. It being decorating...thinking about decorating...painting....planning projects for him....moving furniture and accessories around in my head...wondering if I should change all our wardrobes out to match our house (kidding, kidding...sort of). And the truth is no, I can't turn it off. This blog gives me the perfect place to be the decorating/crafting obsessed person I am. A place where, thankfully, I don't have to turn it off. Thank you so much for being here!

So what to do when one reaches 100 posts? A giveaway of course. Check back on Tuesday for all the details!

Today I'm posting my yard sale cabinet for Met Monday. Do you remember the $8 cabinet before? Here it is in case you forgot:


And this is how it looks with a makeover!




I painted it with a creamy Cottage White and distressed it of course. The fun part was adding the vintage sheet music. I used a clear decoupage (the pages were already antiqued on their own) and overlapped the pages on the inset panels. I didn't worry about wrinkles or the edges sticking up as I wanted it to have an old look to it. These can be smoothed if you prefer while the decoupage is wet.




My little bird found a home inside this wire cage from Michaels.




In this pic you can see the other project we've been working on. The front screen door is all installed! I'll post about the process in the near future but I have to say, hubby did a great job! I'm so happy to have that slamming noise back again, music to my ears. I've said for years and years that I just wanted an old house with a slamming screen door.

Silly but true. Now it just needs some paint!











I want to give a big thank you to Kasey of Lola B's Boutique for the sheet music inspiration and the knobs, which came from her store. Fast shipping and they are beautiful, definitely check her out!












Metamorphosis Monday is hosted by the wonderful Susan of Between Naps On The Porch . Pop on over and see her if you love looking at Before and Afters! Mondays are full of them!

I also added this post to the fun with Rhoda at Southern Hospitality! Check out the other participants here, Weekly Deals .



Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dads out there.

See you all on Tuesday for the giveaway!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com