Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Pantry and a Purchase

We'll start with the purchase since that's the most fun! I have been trying to rein in my online shopping (if only it weren't so darn fun to receive packages in the mail!) but I had to make an exception for this great find. My new Nest banner from House of Whimsy on Etsy. You can find her store HERE .

She has a super cute blog as well! I love the tiny crowns on the birds, very whimsical which is just what you expect from a blog of this name. I'm a sucker for anything with birds...add some glitter and the word "nest" and I'm done for.

http://thehouseofwhimsy.blogspot.com/



This week I worked on our pantry. It was a mess and needed some attention. First, the scary Before shot:


I emptied it all out and rehomed some items that didn't need to be in there. Who needs 6 phone books anyway?!



After a fresh coat of paint....ahhhh......



While that was drying I got to work on the shelves. I found small pieces of decorative trim at Michaels, and used a coupon of course! Wood glue was all it took to put these on. Just hold in place with tape and they dry pretty quickly!




And here it is all organized and pretty. Hopefully it stays this way for a while at least! I used large baskets on the bottom and lots of containers for cereal, cookies, sugar, etc. Not only will they keep the food fresher but they look cute too!




The glass containers were on clearance at Christmas Tree Shops and the new scalloped trim makes me smile when I open the door now.





I added some toile wallpaper to the shelves that I had lying around the basement.





The silver planters from the dollar store hold the little items like sweetener packets and Kool Aid. I just used scrapbooking stickers to label the contents. Another option for this would be a little chalkboard paint which would be super cute as well!





It feels good for everything to be in its proper place. Now the tricky part will be to keep it this way for any length of time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com