Monday, November 30, 2009

Are you ready?











There's no denying it, Christmas will be here soon.


I'm ready. Are you?


I'm ready for gingerbread houses, baking (errr...making messes) with my kids, the glow of the tree as we watch TV at night, sugar cookie candles, Christmas songs (I've updated my playlist), romps in the snow and happy times with family and friends.


I'm not ready for the gifts. Oh boy, am I not ready. I'm only about half done with shopping.


Did you go out on Black Friday? My dad was brave enough to come stand with me at 10:30 waiting for Toys R Us to open at Midnight. Good thing we had that great turkey dinner in our bellies, it was a long wait. I didn't get what I wanted (darn Zhu Zhu hamsters) but we did get some other things. And we got to spend a few hours alone....just us.
I don't get many times like that with my dad.



I'm hoping I can talk him into it again next year. It was fun...even though I didn't get to bed until 4 a.m. and my middle child was at the side of my bed at 7.


Christmas is coming soon. So, are you ready?


P.S. ~ The first two images were from Cottage Living (gosh I miss that magazine) and the others are from Country Living.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com