Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Perfect

I think at some point we all try to be perfect at something....the perfect parent, perfect employee, perfect spouse, the perfect homemaker.

We want to do everything right, be everything to everyone and keep our homes sparkling clean all at the same time. And at times we succeed.

I know I fall into this trap....it's easy to do. Until I stop and think about all the reasons why things don't have to be always sparkling and free of flaws. Because it's impossible, and exhausting and not real.

This is the hardwood floor in my daughter's room. We had to get through carpet and about a million staples to get to it. And when we did, it wasn't perfect. There were holes.....lots of holes. And a huge scratch right in the middle. We could have filled it in, tried to make it at least appear perfect. Instead we chose to leave it alone. I don't know how it got there but it's part of our home's history and as long as we live here, it will be left as it is.... flawed.


So when my house looks like this....


full of dust and completely imperfect, I'm going to cut myself a break.

I don't have to be perfect, and neither does my house.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com