Monday, November 9, 2009

Powder Room Project

The time has come, we're ready to get moving on the powder room. Back in June I had talked about it and it took us.....oh, only 5 months to actually begin. Let me give you the "Before" tour and then I'll give you an idea of the plan.


Last year I gave it a coat of brown paint that was leftover in the basement. It was a quick fix to cover the purple color it was when we moved in. I didn't want to replace the sink and toilet at that point so I went with the brown/blue theme.


We're lucky to have a window in this room for natural light but it doesn't have moulding around it. We plan to fix that....

Say goodbye to the blue sink! I found a new, white pedestal sink on Craigslist for a steal.









The floor is the worst part I think. It's vinyl and discolored.





The ugly fan...


My husband started taking the baseboards off and I yelled out, "WAIT! I have to take before pictures for the blog first!!" So he tried to put it back. Luckily he's understanding about just how important the before pictures are....


So that's the full tour, now on to the fun part. I definitely want to add some sparkle, love the sconces in this bath....


This mini chandelier was on clearance at Home Depot. You can't beat finding something off the rack and for cheap....


I looooooove the floor in this picture but my powder room is small....

So we ordered an all white 1" hexagon tile. My bathroom won't look this gorgeous (I NEED that chair...and the tub....and the mirror....) but it'll have the same floor.....


Being as it's such a small room, I want to make a big impact with wallpaper. I'm so glad wallpaper is back but honestly, even if it wasn't.....I'd still be wallpapering. This large print damask is gorgeous....

Target online has this paper available. It's one I'm considering but I want to look around some more first. Isn't the color pretty?


Well that's all my powder room ramblings for the day! I'll keep you posted with progress pictures as we move along. I'm looking forward to making this bathroom pretty for our guests.


(P.S. ~ The bathroom photos I used as examples were from my inspiration folder. I believe they all came from Country Living's website but if any belong to you, please let me know so I can give credit.)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com