Sunday, January 3, 2010

Bedtime


I've decided to start off 2010 with a confession. Here it goes...deep breath. My confession is that my 4 year old son doesn't sleep in his bed. And that's not the worst part. The real confession is that he often doesn't fall asleep until 10 or 11 PM. We've been super horrible parents and have slacked off in the bedtime department. He's the 3rd child and the "baby" so you know how that goes.


Most nights he just falls asleep on the couch. Other nights he's wide awake and coming to bed with us wayyyyyy later than he should. On those days I drop him off at preschool the next day and get in my car just hoping and praying that he doesn't act up out of sheer exhaustion. I know he should be in bed at a reasonable hour, I really do, but we've been lazy.







That's all about to change. We've decided it's time to Supernanny him. This week we're going to attempt to undo the bad bedtime habits we've allowed him to get away with and enforce a bedtime routine. And enforce him sleeping in his own room, in his own bed. For his sake and for ours because that boy does not stay still all.night.long. He moves and kicks and takes all the blankets. Yup, it's definitely time for him to sleep on his own.


Wish us luck! If you have any advice, I'm all ears!! I have a feeling this week the entire house will be lacking in sleep. We're all going to look like this....







Project Supernanny Day 1, here we go....







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com