You might remember we had a coat rack in our Everything Room. It was perfect for the space but very heavy and its hangers didn't line up with the studs. See where I'm going with this? Anyway, one day we were sitting in the other room and heard a huge crash. The coat rack had tumbled to the floor leaving gaping holes in my wallpaper. *sigh* Luckily the shelf itself wasn't broken (gotta love Pottery Barn quality, it can even take a 7 foot fall onto wood flooring!) so we moved it to our front foyer where it is happily attached to plaster and studs.
The first thing I did was cover the holes in the paper with a sign from Hobby Lobby. That's the one bad thing with wallpaper, if you change your mind or if something violently pulls out of the wall, you are left unable to easily patch things up. So covering it up was a necessity. But I still needed a place in this room to hang random things.
I had been collecting doorknobs and decided to use them in place of the coat rack.....

This was an easy project. My hubby drilled large holes into the woodwork and then we used wooden dowels to put one side into the wall and the other into the doorknob. We found Gorilla Glue worked great for this, it bubbles and expands as it dries making for a strong bond.

You can see at the base of the doorknob, how the glue started to come out a bit. You can easily touch this up with paint if you need to. I'm lazy so I left it.
I'm linking this up to Make Your Monday over at Twice Remembered ! There are lots of great projects to be seen over there!
And....
This is where the penguins come in. I know you were sitting there wondering from my weird post title if I had my coffee today. (Drinking it as we speak, errr..type)
My girls got all dressed up for Ella's birthday. They rarely wear dresses so it was fun to get some pictures....

And off to Texas Roadhouse we went. It's Ella's favorite restaurant and she got to sit on the saddle while they announced her birthday and Yeehawwwwwed. There was a 14 year old girl sitting at the table behind us and it was her birthday too. She looked so embarrassed, I about died for her as her cheeks turned all kinds of red.

I always let them request a special cake. This year she wanted penguin cupcakes. I have a fun cupcake book and she picked these cuties out. They weren't too hard and I had a good time making them. Don't ask me how much sugar I consumed while dipping and frosting and cutting up candy. Seriously, don't ask.

And off to Texas Roadhouse we went. It's Ella's favorite restaurant and she got to sit on the saddle while they announced her birthday and Yeehawwwwwed. There was a 14 year old girl sitting at the table behind us and it was her birthday too. She looked so embarrassed, I about died for her as her cheeks turned all kinds of red.

I always let them request a special cake. This year she wanted penguin cupcakes. I have a fun cupcake book and she picked these cuties out. They weren't too hard and I had a good time making them. Don't ask me how much sugar I consumed while dipping and frosting and cutting up candy. Seriously, don't ask.
