Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Before

I've been working on some fun things recently and I thought I would share all the "before" shots in one post. Remember my dining table? The one my dad calls "the heirloom" and only gave it to me if I promised not to paint it....




Well, it is being transformed. That is what it looked like before, all wood. I called my mom and asked her on a scale of 1 to 10, how mad dad would be. One being slightly mad and ten being total disownment. She thought it would be around a 3 so I figured that was worth it...



Then I reminded my dad that I'm an only child so there is no back up.....



Then I reminded him I hold access to his only grandchildren (shameless I know)....



And then I spilled the beans in a public place, the middle of my son's preschool graduation. No way he was making a scene there. Smart huh?



He was smiling through his "anger" and I hope he likes the results when he comes over next. I'm loving it so far, the table is finally starting to match the rest of the house. And it's still solid wood....you know, under the white paint.





This dresser was a flea market find. I didn't really need another dresser but you can't argue with more storage space and it was too sweet to leave behind. It's getting the white treatment as well.


I love these feet.....


And yes, I had to crop that picture like crazy. The original showed off just how dirty my floors are. Yikes. Time to get out the vacuum after I finish this post. I swear dog hair reproduces all on its own.



And that brings us to my new mantel. Ahhhh, the mantel. My hubby works with a guy who built a home and this was the mantel that came with it. They didn't like it and opted to replace it for marble so this beauty was sitting in their basement. They were so kind to ask if we would want it. Do I want it? Is grass green? Errr...is crabgrass green? Which we apparently have a lot of as the TrueGreen guy was so happy to ring my doorbell to tell me.


Anyway, here it is before....



And a sneak peek after I added some wood appliques and primed it up.....







I'll be back soon with all the pretty "afters."


Now I'm off to clean my floors before the dog hair takes over.


Happy Wednesday everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com