Monday, September 6, 2010

At last, At last, done at LAST!

....with, the baby bedding!

So, this was definitely a learning experience, and I will probably never do it again.  LOL.  I tend to want to do everything myself, but honestly, trying to sew around the thick filling in the bumper was a nightmare.  Every time I'd pull it out to work on it, I'd mumble under my breath about how I should have bought the Nautica set on sale at Babies R Us.   BUT, I didn't, so I made myself finish, and I am SO SO SO glad to be done with it that I did.   Okay, yeah, actually... I'm just glad to be done with it. :)

Unlike those crazy moms who say to their unruly teenagers, "I carried you for 9 painstaking months," I'll be the crazy mom who says, "I sewed your, insanely difficult, baby bedding!!!"



And yes, there is a door missing from that frame. Kudos to you if you caught that. :) It is currently receiving a new coat of paint in the garage.



I completely cheated and stuck the crib skirt to the metal spring, frame thingy with industrial strength Velcro.

I used Burlap ribbon for the ties, hoping to invoke a rustic, rope like texture.






Our pretend baby  LOL:


I think he likes it!  :)





Only a  few more projects to go to wrap up the Nursery Nook!






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com