About a year and half ago, my husband was transferred to the Houston area from his job in Austin, TX. Our home in Austin was built in a field, and while the builder did plant trees, after living there 5 years, they were still really small.
One of my requirements, when we were ready to buy here, was trees. We don't have as many as I originally wanted, but we do have these lovelies in the front yard.
Of course, they do have their downside.
and... here is that downside stuck in my wiper blades. A true joy every time it rains, which is a lot here.
But, I do have to say, even with their messy needle-dropping-ness, I love that we have an abundant supply of these.
And there's more where they came from!
I'm envisioning a LOT of homemade, pineconey goodness, in my decor this fall and winter.
Another plus, lots of free pinestraw to use as mulch.
You know, I just have to make myself get out there and rake it up first, which is what I spent this morning doing. I'm sure the drive will be covered again in a few days. :)
Happy Fall, Ya'll!