Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Kitchen Tour

Welcome to the updated tour of our kitchen.  :)



As a reminder, here is what it looked like pre-mini-remodel.
You can read about that process if you'd like by going HERE.

On with the tour!


Our kitchen is located off of our small family room, and has a small breakfast area attached.





I found a set of fabric napkins at Target that resemble a tea-towel texture.  I loved the pattern, so I bought the set of four to use as hand towels in the kitchen.

I think they're the perfect pattern to tie in the random blue and greens around the house.  I need to pick up more to make pillow covers out of before they change stock!

I keep my cookbooks in the back corner of the counter top, in space that would otherwise be unused do to accessibility.

To the right of the stove is what I call my coffee center.
I have a crystal spoon rest, my Cuisinart coffee pot that I LOVE, and my tray full of coffee goodies (filters, ground coffee, sugar) and the hot teas I use often.


On the island is the sink and the dishwasher.

On the side of the island by the sink we hung a towel rack from Target.  I happened to spot it one day in the bath section, and it matched our Kitchen faucet really well AND, it was cheap!  I love LOVE love Target bath accessories.  I believe the towel holder was around $15.

View of towel holder..

and view of semi- matching faucet...

While we went with beadboard for the back splash along the wall, we went with subways for this area since it would be exposed to more water.
I will also ONLY buy this brand of hand soap because it is the perfect shade of green.  LOL. I drive my husband a bit crazy with that quirk.


Also from Target is my kitchen mat.  It looks like it has a sisal type texture, but it is actually a foam anti-fatigue mat.  I LOVE it.  My husband loves it too.  I've been slowly changing out our rugs to sisal, sea grass or other hard on the foot rugs, and he's not a lover like I am.   This mat is the perfect balance because it gives the look I like, but is super squishy and soft.


Across from the kitchen is our laundry room (the black door), and I hung a mirror made into a chalkboard, and my Paula Deen cutting board. 

I love this board.  It has measurement tickings and pie rolling guides which gives it a vintage look.



Our breakfast area sits in a bay window space.   I have my windows open today because it is such a nice day out.  Gosh I love Fall.

Our table is a simple Better Homes and Garden set from WalMart with green striped chair cushions from Ikea.
I keep my centerpiece simple since we use this table for all of our meals.  This simple iron and white plated rack, from Target, is simple to move before setting the table.  Have you noticed I do most of my shopping at large discount box stores?  LOL.



One more full shot..    Thanks for looking!  Happy Wed!

-Courtney

Update as of Jan, 2011
We have new appliances!
Read about the dishwasher HERE.


Read about the fridge HERE.

One day when I clean my house (horribly hard with an 8 week old), I'll take updated shots.  :)

Linking to Note Songs for the Heart of the Home party.
Domestically Speaking for the Power of Paint party.
Life in Grace














Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com