Wednesday, October 20, 2010

New Euro Pillows!


Remember this extra fabric, used in the Fabric as Art post?

Well, I also had some extra white duck from the baby bedding project.
I also had two euro pillow forms that weren't being used.
My bare-minimums husband hates that I store extra 'stuff', but it really comes in handy for making extra projects for FREE.  :)

After measuring, I discovered that my striped fabric pieces weren't wide enough to cover the Euro pillows.  Rats.  I knew I'd have to use the white duck as the back, but I soon realized I'd also have to create some sort of border with the white to make the striped fabric fully cover the front.


It's a bit hard to see on the white comforter, but the following photo shows white strips sewn to two sides.

I then sewed the same size border pieces to the top and bottom leaving the corners loose.

I then pinned the corners like so, and sewed.



After completing all four corners, I just finished up in the normal pillow method- face the fabrics together, pin, sew, flip, stuff, and sew shut.


Bed before:

Bed after!





The ultimate frugal DIY... using things you already have, and not spending a dime, to create a look you want.
:)

-Courtney

Linking up to:







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com