Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Joyeux Noël ! :: Christmas in the Café


Bienvenue !

Come on in!


Today, I got the cafe' ready for a Fondue Party, simply, and wanted to show you!


When we built this home 9 years ago, we designed the whole basement for my grandmother.
She moved back to Florida, and we turned her Living Room into a Theatre Room,
her Bedroom into an Office, and her Kitchen into the Cafe' de Sous Sol,
which, in French, means, Basement Coffee House.


The curtains in the picture above separate the Café and the Theater Room.
Instead of making a Joyeux Noel banner, I just drew one on the chalkboard wall.


The three tables were a find on Craigslist and came from an old hotel.
The restaurant linens are from eBay.



Ikea shelving. My favorite side of the room.
All the glassware, silver or ironstone was a gift, an heirloom, or thrifted.







A salvage find for $10 from an old home, this wall hutch is perfect 
for holding all our Goodwill vintage jelly jars



Recycle bin.




So, I saw one too many beautiful coffee filter wreaths, and I had to have one, too. 
This one cost me $3 and 3 hours of my time. But, it was worth it.
And what better place for a coffee wreath, than a cafe'?




The black and white graphics are from The Graphics Fairy, whose site I adore.



Last year, my mom brought me my Nativity set from when I was a girl.
Someone must have given it to me, because it is old.
Paper mache from Italy, the pieces, printed on the bottom, are either 19 or 29 cents each.



Can you read French? Neither do I. Google Translate is a handy tool!
In English it reads:
Cheese Fondue
Dippers: bread, broccoli, cauliflower, green apple
Chicken Broth Fondue
Dippers: shrimp, meatballs, chicken
Chocolate Fondue
Dippers: cake, marshmallows, cherries, bananas, strawberries







All these ornaments are from Ikea, and I am so glad my friend, Ann, talked me into them!
The white ones are a mere inch across.
The larger ones resemble coasters. But I still like them, they seem Frenchish, don't they?
Close enough.
What do I know?
Ignorance is bliss.


If you are ever in town, (Greenville, SC), email me!
You are welcome here, so come on by,
I'll leave the coffee on for ya!
Might even bake you some scones!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com