Friday, December 10, 2010

Kid-Made Gift Idea

My kids love to paint.
LOVE. It.

They actually love all art projects.  Paint - oh yeah.  Coloring - sure.  Break out the scissors and glue- you'll have their attention for hours.

So, I knew having them paint custom art work would be a great gift idea for some of our family members last Christmas.

I cut several thick cardboard pieces (not the box cardboard that is hollow in the middle, but the thick/dense type that is attached to the back of sketch pads/notebooks) to a 5x7 size.

I then broke out the collection of craft paints and brushes and let them go crazy.  While they were busy being creative, I got busy snapping photos of them at work.

haha.

I picked one photo of each child painting, that showed their face well, and also showed the painting well.



Oh, and if you do this- make sure you thoroughly clean your child's face beforehand.  LOL!  I noticed after the fact that both kiddos still had dinner on their face! 

I uploaded the photos to an online print resource - I used the photo lab at Walmart.com (I love their 1hour pick up), but you could use any online photo lab, or even use your home printer.

While I was at Walmart picking up the prints, I swung by the frame aisle and picked up two frames made to fit two 5x7s.

Each frame was fitted with the artwork on one side, and the photo of the child creating the artwork on the other side.



These projects were a big hit. 
I plan on doing a rendition of this project again this year.

Mom, pretend you never saw this. haha ;)

-Courtney

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com