Monday, December 20, 2010

Operation Simple Christmas Decorating :: Day 3


Does anyone else start painting or decorating projects right before hosting a party?
Y'all are crazy, too?
Do you give yourselves a deadline, then start a major project?
Y'all are still crazy, too!

I have been very busy, y'all, in the living room.
It got painted and rearranged, and I took furniture and items from other rooms.

This room got painted, new curtains ($4.99 each from the AS IS bin at IKEA),
lamps from another room, new-to-me frames (a barter from my friend, Ann).

There was a lot more furniture in here.
I sold some tables and removed a cabinet off the wall, and here it is today.


Our Living Room, simplified.



I framed some polka dotted paper from Hobby Lobby to bring red in here,
(plus, I couldn't find a map we wanted to frame, yet. Hello, eBay!)


This iron etagere used to live in the cafe',
and the cafe' will be Operation Simple Christmas Decorating ::Day 4.


I paid $1 for this scrolly holder- it held cups in the cafe',
now it holds my collection of vintage postcards from 1901-1915,
sent to a "Miss Minnie Spearman".
I found her album of cards
(she saved cards from all the seasons and holidays) at Salvation Army.



Cloches are a must.
Aren't they?


The cloches/houses on plates came from Wal-Mart a few years ago.
Can you believe I got them for $5-ish each when they were 75% off?!?!




 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby,
keeping watch over their flocks at night.
An angel of the Lord appeared to them,
and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.
But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid.
I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.
Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you;
he is the Messiah, the Lord.
This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths
and lying in a manger.”
Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel,
praising God and saying,
“Glory to God in the highest heaven,
   and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”

A reminder.




Greenery, courtesy of my arborvitae.
The steel blue stockings? The Dollar Tree!





The larger picture is of my daughters, Miss S and Miss A, in 1994.
The smaller picture: me and my sister in 1970.
I think my daughter, Miss S (standing in rear picture),
favors me as a little girl (I am on the lower left).
Well, she still favors me. Poor thing.


We have one television in our home, in the basement theatre space.
 But, I couldn't part with this armoire yet.
It is an Ethan Allen (probably the only piece I own with a "pedigree"), 
and I earned it from a staging job, and it holds one of my best birthday presents yet.
The sound is a-mazing! You need one.
We got ours, including the iPod, off Craigslist and saved 2/3 the cost.


I love birds and cages and lights.


These vintage Hartmann suitcases DO get used.
See here.



The rooms done on Day 2.


Merry Christmas!



The next space will be the French-ified basement Cafe' de Sous Sol.

Stay tuned!

I pray you all are having a wonderfully blessed season, so far.
Never be too busy to smile or to be courteous or to show love.










Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com