Thursday, December 9, 2010

Operation Simple Christmas Decorating :: Day 2



It was late last night when I finished up the foyer, Music Room and Dining Room.
Too late, and I tried, to take any decent pictures.
But, the new day brings daylight, time with Jesus, and a fresh cup of coffee 
and I can see things anew again, today!


I did a lot of stuff yesterday
(click here to see Day 1) and I have a tinsel hangover today.
I dug through boxes.


And picked out only the most specialest and simplest items.


I vacuumed up glitter and sorted through more things.



It is harder to go through many frou frous and keep those items that still say "festive"
than just putting everything out like I did last year, I decided.

I got to wake up to find what I thought was simple to me yesterday.

Here's what happened.
Simple Christmas.
In no particular order.


I paid $7.50 for this vintage bottle bottlebrush tree!
An antiques store was going out of business, and the tree was $75.00 with 90% off!


I went in our backyard and borrowed some branches from our arborvitae trees and cedar trees
and plopped them in some sugar water in the urn that usually holds utensils next to the stove.


Miss S's piano, a.k.a. "Precious" had to have something note-worthy (that pun was like, ugh!)
on it, and SIMPLE.


I printed sheet music from this site, rolled it up and tied it with gray satin ribbon.



Battery-operated candles from Hobby Lobby on clearance for $2.80 each, in the Fall.



Where we read and surf the net.


Jesus is the gift AND the giver.


Foyer bureau.


One of many from the collection of vintage flocked birds I found at an estate sale.


Smaller red ones on the chandy- another estate sale.



Syracuse china- Roxbury pattern, a gift from a dear friend.
Read about it here.


The Savior has been born!



"H" for Hello Home!
Not really, it's our last name's initial.




I took a round mirror from the guest bedroom wall,
laid it on the table and gussied her up.



The next area is the livingroom, Day 3.
In a few days.
I'll be baaaaaaaack!






Celebrating Christmas here:
Thrifty Decor Chick: It's a Christmas Tree Party!
Coastal Charm: Christmas Open House
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com