Thursday, July 12, 2007

Becoming Perfect


How we feel about ourselves always shows in the art we make. Maybe that's why there's been times I don't like my art. Have you ever wanted to be someone else? Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't give up my family or lifestyle for anything but I have always viewed the Proverbs 31 Woman as being the "perfect" woman, the woman I wish I could be. However, as I grew older I realized the word perfect means complete and lacking nothing, it doesn't mean we don't make mistakes or that we never do anything wrong.

I see myself in her eyes even when I feel very broken and lacking in many areas, but I know this life thing is a process and we have to enjoy the process just as much if not more than the end product. I'm trying to do more of that. How do you just let go and enjoy the process (of life or art or work)? I think taking a stroll through the garden or down the windy dirt road barefoot helps. And of course spending time with the boys or my silly husband, yeah any of those will do!
Bare with me while I make some changes around here- this poor blog, it needs a face lift and I've been dying to show you guys what I've been up to lately in my studio.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com