Thursday, March 12, 2009

Foodie Friday, The Sandwich


In all honesty, I'm not a "Foodie" and so I am certainly not qualified to participate in this event. I wanted to hop in on the fun anyway! Since there will be much preparation for this St. Patrick's Day party, I'm bringing a nice lunch to eat while you cook your donation to the festivities.


There are a few things I enjoy cooking.....cake, muffins, anything in the crock pot, and a nice big pot of gravy (my great-grandmother was all Italian so I am required by blood to call it that). Something else I do enjoy is a really good chicken salad sandwich. Of course the key ingredient is a nice roll. This is a soft vienna roll, light and so tasty.



Oh no! That bunny looks hungry. Lets hope he stays away from our lunch!



I usually boil about 3 chicken breasts so there is leftover. My husband loves to take this to work. Rip up the chicken and add the appropriate amount of mayo (between you and me, I like to use much more than the appropriate amount). I like sliced grapes in my chicken salad. And once in a while some sweet relish. Then just season with whatever you like. I use a tiny bit of onion power and pepper. Perfect with a big glass of Coke! Enjoy!

Be sure to visit our gracious hostess, Designs by Gollum for more Foodie Friday.

http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com