Friday, September 3, 2010

Birch Mural, Entry Redo

Day one of the Entry Redo, Redo.  :)

Please excuse the bad lighting.  These were taken tonight, with no natural light, and very dim artificial.


So, when I left the entry last, it was looking sort of like this, at least the main stairway wall was:


I decided, the photo wall (even considering the messed up state it was in) just wasn't going to do it for me.  I might eventually add 3 large photos back, but the rest will go elsewhere (repainted and refilled, of course).

So, first I removed the photos and was left with a clean slate looking something like so:


Without stirring the paint, so it was sort of soupy, I just started painting on the trees.  I then used q-tips and paper towels to quickly remove the paint to make the crevices.  I also used the natural marks left by the brush to my advantage, letting them work as bark-like texture.



I then went back and added another coat of white to create highlighting where wanted.





I plan to continue this around the entry way, but for one evening of work so far, I am REALLY happy with the way it has turned out so far.



And one with my little helper, just for good measure.  :)


Thank goodness for a perfectly timed long weekend.  Yay!  :)

Linking up to:






Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special



Photobucket








Life in the Fun Lane
 
 
mmm button
C.R.A.F.T.
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com