Thursday, February 15, 2007

happy birthday dad

Happy Birthday Dad. I know I told you yesterday on your actual birthday but I wanted to say it again. And although my sweet 16 piece isn't exactly the most appropriate thing to post while saying happy birthday to the man that has always put a smile on my face, this piece does remind me of how great it is to be your daughter. It's as sweet as being 16 and at a lovely party with cake and ice cream. And at about 16 you had to put up with alot of crap from me and it takes one terrific dad to still love someone after that! Anyhow, hope your day was filled with much happiness and of course a perfect golf game!
Here's the top half, it sure is hard to take a photo of larger collages like this one so I had to post the photo in pieces. The flower came from some vintage music sheets I had scored for only 15 cents from the used book store ( I went back today for 20 more books).A little bit of coffee stain makes for a great antique look and of course sand it a little here and there, and I added pencil/charcoal around the edges. I think if I only had a handful of supplies I could use charcoal would definitely be one. I'm not big on expensive tools although I've been playing around with photoshop (downloaded trial for 30 days), but nothing takes the place of glue and paint on the hands and that addiction started in kindergarten. Oh, and dad here's the cupcakes I made for you. But since you live 600 miles away I'm afraid the boys beat you to them! Next time I see you I'll be sure to have some already baked and hid away in a secret place...just for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com