Thursday, February 15, 2007

I thought I would post a few pics of my latest collage that was done on wood.I've always seen myself as somewhat of a pack-rat when it comes to saving trinkets and treasures from my past,present and future as well as the memories of others that I find discarded.I hold onto to some of these vintage papers for years just waiting for the right time to use them as I continued to collect more. The beginning of the week I was all charged and ready to make valentines cards and little trinkets to give away to friends/family (I had a ton of ideas),but everything came to a screaching halt when one of my back molars started to throb. I tell ya, I've never had anything hurt so bad as this toothache did! And that after I just told someone what a bad sweet tooth I had. Two nights & only 2 hours of sleep, one extraction and too much medication= art making on the back burner.I so wanted to have most my valentines gifts done by now but things happen.
I loved the idea in this month's Romantic Homes, where they show how to make a "Tree of Love".
Tiny scrolls of beautiful sentiments tied with a ribbon to a homemade sprig tree, it was a German Easter tradition.Beautiful collage charms were also hung on the tree.
Well,my wonderful friends and family my sweet sentiments will be a bit late, but they will eventually get there.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com